Friday, January 21, 2011

I spend too much time with technology

I spend about maybe 20 hours a week at least watching TV.
I watch about maybe 5 hours a week watching a movie.
I watch maybe 16 hours a week on the internet.
I wish I spend more time playing videogames, but I have no console. If it was up to me though I would spend more time on videogames than TV.
I spend maybe 10 hours a week reading books.
I spend about 1 hour a week reading a magazine or newspaper.
I have 2 ipods, 3 or 4 cameras, 2 computers, a smartphone.
I really like to play Mario games and I would spend all my time getting the shines or saving the Princess if I had a Wii.

I would definitely say that this is a huge generational gap between even my parents and I. I am constantly connected either through my phone or the tv, or the free wifi that is offered in most places.  My mother regularly asks me what I am doing online, and I can't ever come up with a proper answer to justify the time that I have wasted. There are so many funny websites, or ones that make you think-- some of my favorites are Cracked.com, 1000awesomethings.com., and PostSecret.com.  Stumbleupon.com is a great way to find out other art forms, or get some self-help tips of all sorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment