Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Differences between the printed and the online versions of the Argus Leader.

I found that I liked the online version more than I thought I would. They do this thing on the side that tells you related articles and what those around in the area think on that topic, which was nice to see-- an easy read.  I don't like the ads online because you think that they are affiliated with the newspaper, but they could direct you away from the site and infiltrate your computer with spam.  Same with giving them your email, it can be dangerous because you can get more spam that way, as where the address is harder to send mail to, I think? You can do it more anonymously or just buy them from a machine, but I liked that the online version was free. It did a good job of combining the best of both worlds, doing new media, giving written text and showing pictures and videos (online). I thought the website was clean and easy to use, but there is something just so magical about the printed text and having that sunday crossword in your hand-- doing it on the internet is just not the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment