Monday, February 14, 2011

Snap, Snap.

My proudest moment in the newspaper was when I graduated, and the boy who stood next to me in the line was one of my best friends, Matt.  He took me by the arm and walked me down like a gentleman, and the photographer for the Argus Leader loved it.  He had a camera that was like 2 feet long and was right up in our faces snapping shots.  Then the next day, I wake up to find my smiling face on the cover of the Argus.
I once delivered the Shopping News with two friends (one of them was Matt) and slipped on the ice.
I remember Matt was in the newspaper for skateboarding and winning the South Dakota X games.  I kept the article.
I remember reading the Shopping News, Coffee News, Tidbits, Argus Leader, New York Times, and many others I am sure but I can't remember the names of them.
I once remember that a friend was interviewed for the Argus Leader, and they completely made up what he said and didn't use any of the actual things he had said, and even spelled his name wrong.  From then on, I called the local newspaper, the Argus Liar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment