Monday, February 7, 2011

Dreaming Methods

I looked at three of the "magazines" on the website dreamingmethods.com.  I didn't really understand the concept behind them-- none of them really had anything to read, but more like fragments and pictures. I liked how it was interactive and you got to discover it all for yourself on some of them, but then they weren't accompanied by any meaningful text!
 I first read Incomplete, which had the computer and it had more of easter egg type things where you had to click around and stuff to discover things about it.  I gave up before completing it because I wasn't sure where it was going, and it never said anything at all, other than the titles of some word documents that had nothing in them. I liked how it was just like what a PC has on its opening screen and you got to interact with it, but I wished it would have allowed you to read some of the documents.  They had to have had something on them even though they were in the trash.







Then I read joyride, and that one had pictures and then 3 words scattered on the picture that described the scene.
The last one I looked at was The Rut, which was an author thinking about how to frame the first cover and two pages of his book, and kept revising.  I thought it was creative, but again, I never got the idea that it was really English for New Media when they never told a complete story but rather insinuating and letting you come to your own conclusions.

No comments:

Post a Comment